Sunday, May 22, 2016

Spring Updates!

       I've got some crazy news! 
But first, hello internet world, it's been a while. 

I wish this had been a lucky jersey because a lucky
jersey might have helped the Caps get past the
second round of the playoffs. Ughhhhh. 
      A long while, actually. I apologize for my absence! It's been a busy spring so far. However I am armed with some extra time in my schedule, some new ideas, and a whole lot to update on in a quick update post! I have spent quite a bit of time the last few months doing what I usually do every spring, panicking over the end of the hockey season and then slowly killing my nerves by watching my team in the playoffs. I am a Washington Capitals fan through and through and EVERY SEASON they just screw me over in the playoffs with their lack of playing as well as they should. Sigh. Of course the games are 3 hours plus overtime, and of course there is one every 2-3 days, so I lost both sleep and time to get things done. Laundry piles up, social obligations fall to the side, and all I wear is my giant hockey jerseys and leggings. It's a rough time. And, like they do every year, the Caps fell in the second round again this year to our biggest rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins. Life is so rough. So, so very rough.

      Work has been super busy- wrapping up my caseload management responsibilities, getting test-prep planned, getting through test prep, and then on top of it all supporting coworkers in all of their personal endeavors. Half marathons, babies, buying houses, babies, weddings, and mostly people having babies. I love that I work at a school where there is a huge culture of both teamwork and shared celebration. We love to support each other through all of life's journeys, not just the ones we are on in our classrooms. I've done a bit of baking for these celebrations- a bouquet of cupcakes for a "bride wars" themed bridal shower, cute little cupcakes for a baby shower, and this sprinkled beauty, which admittedly was a severely huge amount of cake, for another baby shower. We've got another one coming up in a few weeks, and for that there may be some cookie pictures on my Instagram page.

      My husband and I have traveled quite a bit, too! We visited friends in San Antonio for spring break, went to a wedding in Atlanta, and....for the big news....we went to Munich, Germany for a few days in March! Aside from our honeymoon in Jamaica, this was my first big international trip and it was quite a trip! From the long flight over to exploring a new city on my own for 2 days (hubs was doing work related things), it was both fulfilling and exhausting. The even crazier news is that we are MOVING to Munich in September! Hubs will be working there for 1.5-2 years in a post-doc position. Holy moly! He applied several months ago as it was his "long shot" scenario, and after  months of him waiting to hear back, then getting invited for a visit, then him giving a talk on our visit and then more months of waiting to hear back after our visit, we finally know for sure we are headed across the pond in a few months. This beautiful city pictured below will be our new home!


I took this picture from the top of St. Peter's church in Munich, right across from the Marienplatz (tall tower on the right)
and Frauenkirche (tall church on the left) on my first day in the city. 

      I've got so many posts I have wanted to post but haven't for professional reasons; look forward to additional posts about traveling, moving, and managing all of life's daily requirements in between the moving and traveling posts! I'll still be baking, running (if I ever recover from a sprained ankle that is nagging me), teaching, bullet journaling, and I'll definitely be back to the blogging on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment